Thursday, September 27, 2007

Troll Sub Surface Scattering

I know I have only been posting paintings lately but I am still quite passionate about the 3D end of things. This is the kind of shader the troll needed for the University animation but don't get me started on that. I am in the process of making an industry standard rig for the guy and I'd like to use the blend shapes I made for him and make a few seconds of animation with him speaking. I'm thinking some sort of Actor's Corner type interview.

3 comments:

Brade said...

Nice work. Did you draw and build this character in addition to the rigging? Wow.

Anonymous said...

Is this some kind of a joke? AMAZING! WOW! I'm speechless!!!

Berk Frei said...

Thanks. Yeah, I made some drawings. Sculpted him in clay, then modeled him on the computer with maya and zbrush. I also did the textures and built the shader for this render. He has some Sub Surface Scattering going on which simulates real skin. I'm in the process of rigging him right now. I didn't like the old rig.